It’s been a relatively quiet year, blog-wise.
You’ve no doubt noticed, I’m posting less and less … it’s likely to do with not making as much any more (I still consider I’m ‘taking a break’; I haven’t given up), and something to do with not being able to see as many shows as I’d like to.
To be fair though, I did keep the solid posting-love for about four years there. The below is the number of posts written per month:
The traffic has changed over time too … which is no doubt impacted by my posting frequency, though also by the general decline in blog reading/writing. I cannot get my statistics page to do what I want it to (ie. by month), but visits by year looks like this:
The numbers are by no means large … I like to call my little blog ‘hyper-niche’.
My stats page also tells me the top individual posts for 2015 were:
- 13JAN13 : Short Courses in Melbourne (update) ; this is an outdated post, and the traffic numbers are so much higher than subsequent updates that it’s clear people just aren’t reading the newer information
- 27NOV13 : Studying jewellery in Melbourne ; again, an outdated post
- 12MAY15 : Studying jewellery in Melbourne (update) ; phew, finally some are reading the update!
- 13JUL10 : Makers Mark Gallery news ; why on earth is this still being read?!
- 08JUN09 : What is contemporary jewellery?
All but the third post above were old ones, probably getting more traffic due to them being popular in previous years (SEO and all). No other post written in 2015 made the top 10; the next popular 2015 post (11th on the list) was Patrícia Correia Domingues & Sara Gackowska ‘Surfacing’ @ Gallery Funaki.
That’s worth a photograph!
Thank you dear reader.