I think I may have hit on a successful mind-trick to get creative without fear of waste and without needing to feel that it must work towards something big, or that I need an end-outcome in mind.
I’m calling them studies and experiments – it’s a simple word trick, but it seems that my mind is simple for the words are light enough to release me into play.
‘Study 001, White‘ – I wrote about recently
‘Study 002, Calm Sea’
– testing different papers thicknesses for vertical v horizontal
– turns out I prefer the same thicknesses though
‘Study 003, Hard Crimson’
– I wanted to reflect the words of the beautiful poem I wrote about recently
– this doesn’t feel a successful reflection though
– it’s a bit too red-white-blue (which I prefer to avoid for its nationalist connotations)
‘Study 004, Hard Crimson 2’
– another attempt at the hard crimson poem
– unfortunately the red just isn’t right, nor is the balance of dark and sky
– I have more work to do on this idea
– and I need to find a darker red
[images in this post not to be reproduced without explicit author permission]