I own a couple of very beautiful rings.
I do like looking at them, for they are gorgeous.
When not being worn they’re locked securely away.
But I want to look at them even when I’m not wearing them.
So I’ve been thinking about making a little display of them.
However … well … a part of me is worried about them being stolen.
Though that’s a bit silly right … because:
- when my apartment was broken into (about a decade ago now) the weird-stealing-people found every bit of jewellery I owned anyway, no matter where I had hid it
- I can always lock them away on the days my cleaner comes (yes, I am so bourgeois; in my defence my tricky health meant I needed to make difficult choices about where I want to spend my energy; I reasoned that the cost of the cleaner means I have stamina and time to do more soul-nourishing things)
- living on my own means very few unapproved people wander through the place
- it’s not like I’d have the display near a street-facing window where passers-by should chance to see them
- the only other reason for not having them displayed somewhere would be for metal/surface care … however I rotate my rings regularly (erm that sounds stranger than I meant it to!), and therefore it’s not such a problem for me (there are always polishing cloths to care for that)
Do you display or hide?