This is a great show! You simply must pop into RMIT First Site Gallery to see ‘Hey Handsome‘, the exhibition for RMIT Honours students from Object-based Practice, Gold & Silversmithing and Ceramics (phew, still a mouthful).
Participating artists are:
- Sue Buchanan, Pamela Chan, Jia Jia Ji Chen
- Katie Collins, Allona Goren, Kate Jones
- Chris Massey, Lindy McSwan, Thomas O’Hara
- Jana Roman, Lesley Walsh, Kate Wischusen
- Michael Wong, Xuelin Wong
I happened to coincide my visit, quite accidentally mind, with the visit of a Fresh! judge accompanied by RMIT staff. It was interesting to overhear some of the conversation about the work; I do like to hear the perspective of those with a more experienced eye and insight into the actual making of the pieces.
It was all quite gorgeous … if I was to list those I liked I’d probably just be rewriting the ‘participating artists’ listing.
Though if I was forced to choose just three … erm …
- Lindy McSwan’s collection stopped me in my tracks
- Kate Jones’s massive ceramic objects are amazing (centre in below image)
- oh please don’t make me … there are so many to like!
‘Hey Handsome‘ is at First Site Gallery until 5th December 2014.
Update (28th November): make sure you check out the First Site Event facebook page for opening night photographs