‘Fresh!‘ : the annual Craft showcase of selected graduate works returns.
This is the 2013 cohort, with the exhibition no longer at the end of the year but a few months later (no doubt to give the curator and students more time).
It was a delight to visit.
There is an assuredness in many of these pieces that bodes exceptionally well for their future as makers.
Exhibiting artists are:
- Ruby Aitchison – gold & silversmithing
- John Brooks – drawing
- Grace Crawshaw-McLean [blog] – beautifully delicate and ephemeral weaving (so subtle I almost missed them)
- Saskia Doherty [website]
- Annie Gobel [website] – gold & silversmithing; bold neckpieces
- Marcos Guzman [Kit & Caboodle profile] – gold & silversmithing (photograph below)
- Kate Jones [tumblr] – ceramics; stunning large-scale objects (photograph above); my favourite group of the whole show
- Tracey Lamb – visual art
- Alexander Maklary [website] – ceramics
- Louise Meuwissen [blog] – painting
- Elise Sheehan [tumblr] – gold & silversmithing; close-running second favourite (photograph below)
- Kate Wischusen [website] – gold & silversmithing; I’ve loved Kate’s work before, especially her ‘Montparnasse‘ enamel brooches
‘Fresh!‘ is at Craft until 1st June 2014.
‘Fresh! 2012’ : oh, I must have missed this exhibition
‘Fresh! 2010‘ :
‘Fresh! 2009‘ :
Updated (18th May): the ladies at HML love this exhibition too, and I especially want to quote their statement that “Fresh remains and important exhibition that acts as both celebration and forecast” (hallelujah!).