Click on below for detail … hidden to save loading time
Comments : Comments Off on Calendar: December 2013
Categories : Calendar
THIS POST IS NOW OUTDATED
THE UPDATED POST IS : Studying jewellery in Melbourne (update) [12May15]
Original post is below:
Update: please go to this NEW updated and revised post about jewellery classes in Melbourne, as information in this post may now be outdated
Comments : 3 Comments »
Categories : Box Hill Tafe, Jewellery, Monash, NMIT, Northcity4, Places_to_Learn, RMIT, Silversmithing
I was told some news today that is hard to believe – that Box Hill TAFE will no longer accept new students into their jewellery course [technically named: Advanced Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design]. So the current students will graduate, but after they’re gone there will be no more jewellers graduating from Box Hill.
My source is thoroughly reliable … but this stumped me … I cannot quite believe it (like I couldn’t quite believe that Monash was stopping jewellery speciality too).
Is it really truly true?
[you can make comments anonymously if you’d prefer]
Update (25th November): please see the comments, this has been confirmed
Update (27th November): while Box Hill may be closing down, reports are that Monash have NOT dumped jewellery but have restructured how it will be taught in their degree – see the excellent post by Melissa Cameron explaining more – thanks Melissa! so all is not lost after all…
Update (28th November): a comment has been made on this post by Box Hill, which I’ll repeat here:
“Box Hill Institute regretfully confirms that we are not offering the Diploma of Jewellery and Object Design course for 2014. This course has been very successful for many years. There are many Box Hill Jewellery design graduates in the industry who are extremely talented and are enjoying great success in the industry. We wish to thank the excellent staff for their wonderful contribution over the years. Box Hill Institute would also like to thank our industry partners for their support over the years.”
Comments : 13 Comments »
Categories : Box Hill Tafe, Places_to_Learn
What better way to spend a rainy dark Saturday than to play creatively?
Indoors of course.
Yarn all ready to go for ‘Project Stripey Cardigan’.
Beautiful colours to brighten up the day.
Comments : Comments Off on Next…
Categories : Craft, Knitting
Just a quick update:
1. Gold per gram in A$ : prices have been coming down this month and are getting closer to the lowest for the last year
2. Silver per kilogram in A$ (cannot get gram chart, but I’m confident you can divide by 1000!)
May be time to buy some metal? [But seriously, don’t take my word for it; I’m neither a financial nor metal merchant adviser person!]
… previous metal price update: 16th October 2013 …
Comments : 1 Comment »
Categories : Materials
Please tell me if you know the answers:
1. unless I’m suffering from online-blindness, I cannot find any media for ‘Fresh!‘ this year (the annual survey of graduate work that has been at Craft for many years; I couldn’t make last year, but these are the stories for 2011, 2010, 2009) … is it not happening?
2. again, perhaps I’m not using the right search terms, but I cannot find any listing for an exhibition of RMIT 1st and 2nd year Gold & Silversmithing students (other years’ stories 2011, 2010, 2009) … is it not happening?
Update (21st November): please see the comments (from the most excellent Katie Jayne Britchford) for the full answers, but in short:
1. yes it will be happening early in the new year
2. no, it’s not happening
Comments : 11 Comments »
Categories : Craft_Vic, Jewellery, RMIT, Silversmithing, Visual_Art