Usually I publish the calendar post on the last day of the month … but there’s so much on this September, especially in connection to Craft Cubed! and Radiant Pavillion, you may need the extra days to plan!
post last updated: 25th August
- Craft, ‘Electric‘ group exhibition [link]; until 3rd October
- Holmes à Court Gallery at Vasse Felix Winery (Margaret River, WA), Helen Britton, ‘Helen Britton in context’ [link]; until 11th October
- Castlemaine Art Gallery, BUDA Contemporary Australian Silver & Metalwork Award [link]; until 18th October
- NGV Winter Masterpiece, ‘Masterpieces from the Hermitage: The Legacy of Catherine the Great‘ [link]; until 8th November
31st August – 4th September: RMIT Masterclass, David Clarke ‘Feed Me!‘ workshop [link]
1-6th September: Radiant Pavillion – Melbourne Contemporary Jewellery and Object Trail [link] … another MASSIVE event; some that I’m especially excited about are below (I would list them all if I could, but you best go to the website) … as well as further in this post … so.much.on!
- Sim Luttin ‘It’s Always Darkest Before the Dawn‘ [link]
- ‘Form, Fold, Forge‘, Cara Johnson, Sarah Johnston, Lindy McSwan, Michael Wong [link]
- ‘Serial Exchange‘, Susan Buchanan, Sophie Carnell, Katie Collins, Janine Combes, Eli Giannini, Sarah Jones, Alex Parish
1st September: Pieces of Eight, Victoria Wearne ‘Orogeny‘ [link]; “Orogeny – the geological term for the structural deformation of the earth resulting in mountains – is a collection inspired by the wondrous natural environments Kim has experienced over her past year of travel. Arid plains, mountain peaks and imaginary fantastical landscapes merge to form a collection of roughly hewn, delicately embellished jewellery.“; until 11th October; part of Radiant Pavillion
2nd September: Studio 20/17 (Sydney), Melinda Young ‘silver city dreams‘ [link]; until 19th September
2nd September: Stanley Street Gallery (Sydney), ‘Iterations‘, Zoë Veness, Susanna Strati and Sean O’Connell [link]; “‘Iterations’, explores the notion of process as a perpetual series of form building and mark- making investigations, and as an accumulation of repeated gestures“; until 26th September
4th September: last day for First Site Gallery, ‘Wondernamel‘ group exhibition [link]; part of Radiant Pavillion
4th September: last day for First Site Gallery, ‘Around the Table‘ group exhibition [link]; part of Radiant Pavillion
12th September: last day for Lord Coconut ‘Melbourne Cufflink – Student Prize‘ and exhibition [link]
13th September: last day for e.g.etal, Anna Davern ‘The Golden Land of the Sunny South‘ [link]; “Davern has created a large, mechanised diorama that can be manipulated by handles, cranks and pulleys to play out a fantastical narrative, peppered with strange hybrid characters designed to be removed and worn as jewellery.“; part of Radiant Pavillion
19th September: last day for Gallery Funaki, Warwick Freeman ‘PRIME‘ [link]; “Warwick Freeman’s 10th solo exhibition at Gallery Funaki, showing as part of Melbourne’s first Radiant Pavilion event.“; part of Radiant Pavillion
22nd September: last day of CRAFT CUBED 2015 [link]; .. there’s so much on there is no point in me replicating the information here, so get along to their website, so much on!
please tell me of other exhibitions or events
also check out Melissa Cameron’s excellent informative blog (especially for competitions)
… last calendar post: Calendar: August 2015 …