This post is a little out of order, given the last I wrote about my RMIT projects was Year 3 Silversmithing. It’s strange that I completely forgot about this when writing about Year 1, but these things happen.
I cannot find the original assessment specification sheet (or whatever it’s called – you know what I mean), though I believe it was to create an artwork that had specific reference to one of the theoretical aspects we’d learnt about during our Theory class. I chose to further research and explore “the desensitisation to, and ‘consumerisation’ of, images – particularly images of suffering.“
The (reasonably brief) essay accompanying the object explains the selection of the image and the construction of the ‘dog-tag’ neckpieces:
[this is an original research essay; no content is to be reproduced without permission]